Sorry for my earlier post…I admit that it was a bit over dramatic. But seriously, banks being forced to give loans?! Also, I have the flu. So forgive me.
On a lighter note, I got a link from Splendid Elles today! I’ve been begging her for one for the better part of a year. Her traffic is beyond mine (MarinaLee: Splendid Elles:: McCain: Obama), and, though we are friends, she’s never referenced me in her blog. =( Except that time last May when I kinda stole her Extraterrestrial Club and turned it into a political battleground…heh heh.
It’s probably one of the darkest truths I can admit to… I use to be a conservative…I think that one of the things that made my transition slowest was that I had a passionate objectivist, social darwinist, anti-socialism, anti-communism “friend”. But, I’d begun to wonder how it was possible for a person who thought that selfishness was the highest virtue to have friends. It became apparent to me that it was not. Now, I’m free from her paranoid ramblings about how Obama is a socialist, and how we found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. —http://splendidelles.wordpress.com/2008/05/03/the-audacity-of-pathos/
Anyway, as you probably wouldn’t be able to ascertain from the above passage (me in a nutshell, right?), we actually are friends. And she did link to me! The subject of this link was one of those blog games that reads more like an email forward. I’ve decided to go along with it, partly to draw attention away from my previous post…(again, sorry. But I still maintain that I have a point). It may seem immature and completely random at first glance, but it also might be fun, and she does get WAY more traffic than I do. So, here we go.
The rules of this blog game/meme/forward/way to avoid doing anything useful/thing:
- Link to the person who tagged you. (See above)
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random arbitrary things about yourself. (Oh dear…and how random?)
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay… 6 random things…
1) I punched a guy wearing a Che Guevara shirt of the Fourth of July. He had the nerve to make a scathing remark about my bright red/white/blue ensemble. *sniff* I quite liked it. Flag bows and flag mini skirts are fun.
2) I compete in Extemp, a form of debate in which you have half an hour to ready a seven minute speech, and I often win, in spite of my occasional hardcore right rants. Of course, sometimes that doesn’t work out. Last week, when asked the question, “Is the American Dream alive and well?” I finished up with an Ayn Rand quote and berated Americans for being lazy. That one didn’t go over well. =P I’ll post it later. There was also the time that I gave a speech about how we shouldn’t bailout the homeowners…and when I finished, my judge pointedly informed me that his home was in foreclosure. I posted that speech there https://marinalee.wordpress.com/2008/10/10/dont-bailout-the-homeowners/ Believe it or not, however, I can actually give moderate speeches.
3) I have an autographed photo of Mitt Romney and me. I got it at a rally which made the local evening news because we were all packed into a tiny little room. We eventually moved outside, but the news only showed us fanning ourselves in the sauna, with a caption having to do with the Republican desperation. The camera men, whom we were working with to get clearer shots, were all liberal.
4) My taste in food can be roughly equated to that of the average five year old.
5) I’m extremely self conscious. The part in my Obama Theme Song (also here)where I labeled myself as “hot and cold” had to do with an argument I had had with three pro choice…people…the previous day; they ended by calling me a cold hearted bitch, but stipulating that I was ‘hot’ so it didn’t matter. I was peeved. For whatever reason, I consider this related to the fact that I’m a member of Procrastinators Anonymous, and that I have been diagnosed as a chronic procrastinator. On the list of BS diseases, this is probably top 10. It annoys me that I could use it as an excuse. I always come up with much, much better excuses.
6) I enjoy Nora Ephron.
Now…to link to 6 random bloggers…
No pressure to play, guys. But it might be fun =D